Thanks Thanks:  1
Viser resultater 1 til 6 av 6

Tråd: 960/S90 lowering

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard 960/S90 lowering

Been chatting with a guy on Facebook today who's lowered his 960, he says he's lowered it by cutting the leafspring under the diff and then fitting stiffer shocks... Anyone know about this technique and care to enlighten me?

Registrerte brukere ss242 sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    17. mars 2010
    Sted
    Årnes/Akershus
    VCCN medlemsnummer
    Antall takk

Standard

If you have nivomatic, you can try to replace them with ordinary shocks. I would not recommend cutting the spring under the diff, but shortening them a bit on the ends would be ok (1cm=1cm lower).

3. Takk Tomcat takket for denne posten
    Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Sitat Opprinnelig postet av ss242 Vis post
    If you have nivomatic, you can try to replace them with ordinary shocks. I would not recommend cutting the spring under the diff, but shortening them a bit on the ends would be ok (1cm=1cm lower).
    I know, that's what I thought. He even showed me a diagram showing where to cut it.. I'm hoping to get a Nivomat leaf and swap it out, then run normal shocks

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    15. des. 2009
    Sted
    Mysen, Østfold
    Antall takk

Standard

As ss242 says, cutting under the diff only is not something I would recommend either. In my opinion you would create a weak point in which all the movement is absorbed and probably it will cause the leaf to crack in that area.

I have ran a chopped non nivo spring before and it worked well. It is also the easiest way since you only have to drop the lower arms to chop more, to remove the entire spring you will need to dismantle the bottom half of the frame which is alot of work compared to removing the lower arms.

The oem lowering spring is from what I could see a ordinary nivo spring which they have removed typ 1cm from all the way. It does not fit the stock mounts.

My plan is to use the oem lowering spring in combination with bilsteins and custom coilover springs to make it adjustable. Just have not had the time to remove the nivos and weighing the rearend yet.
    17 Ford Mondeo ST Line Ecoboost
    07 Opel Zafira OPC "bussen"
    92 240 "Turbo" venter på bedre tider
    x biler: 95 965, 92 945Turbo, 90 240GL, 15 Focus,
    71 Rekord, 92 Golf, 97 A4 Quattro

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

I've run a nivo leaf before with standard shocks, that worked quite well and lowered the back end quite a bit. Just struggling to get hold of one at the moment.

Registrerte brukere ss242 sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    17. mars 2010
    Sted
    Årnes/Akershus
    VCCN medlemsnummer
    Antall takk

Standard

Easy to find here, but shipping costs are ridiculous in this country. Would be better for you to try in Sweden, you already have an TPC account I'd guess.

Lignende tråder

1. S90 lowering
    By Tomcat in forum 700 / 900 / x90 -serien
    Svar: 3
    Siste post: 30/12/14, 15:05

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •