Brukere som er tagget i denne tråden

Thanks Thanks:  29
Side 2 av 5 FørstFørst 1 2 3 4 ... SisteSiste
Viser resultater 26 til 50 av 118

Tråd: Tomcat's V70R resurrection thread.

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Gave her a quick wash today, wanted to do more but I sort of ran out of time.

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

More to come when I get a spare minute.

3. Takk Anders Dybvadsskog, skurk takket for denne posten
    Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Got started on the rear bumper as I had no real money to get any other jobs done until September.

Looks like one of the previous owners used it for target practice, then decided to try and hide all the damadge by just blowing fresh paint over the nice shiny existing paint, hence large chunks of paint have just peeled off. There's nothing quite like good preperation is there?.
    Sist endret av Tomcat; 24/11/13 kl 22:11

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Because of all the problems of late I've had no time or inclination to do anything on the car. The rear bumper still needs painting and recently it's started to run a bit rough again and use plenty of fuel again, I'm thinking though that its probably the O2 sensor getting crapped up with all the oil blowing through the exhaust.

Hoping to try and get the handbrake sorted over the next few days as it's crap, have to leave the car in gear otherwise it rolls, not sure if it's a cable it needs or if its just shoes, I'll pull the rear discs when I get a minute and check.

The last few times I've had the car on a bit of a drive (ie. motorways), when I've come to slow down and change gear I've noticed that the first press of the clutch is really heavy, after that it's ok. any ideas?..
    Sist endret av Tomcat; 24/11/13 kl 22:12

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

This is the result of the blowout (not sure it actualy was a blow out looking at it) I had coming off the motorway the other day.

Progress!!!.. Two tyres fitted today, also managed to get the rear bumper off without breaking either of the bolts!!!... So chuffed, I thought I'd break at least one of them judging by the corrosion, it's currently in primer...paint tomorrow.

As I had to remove it to get the bumper bolts out I'm gonna clean up the tailpipe off the Scorpion exhaust, it's a wee bit manky..

Sist endret av Tomcat; 24/11/13 kl 22:15

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Bumpers now back on, christ that dried mega fast, normaly takes a full day to try when the weathers cold, think I finished spraying it at around 2ish. Re fitted the exhaust trim now its nice and shiny again, wonder how long it'll stay clean for?.

Sist endret av Tomcat; 24/11/13 kl 22:17

Registrerte brukere Sveinung sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    04. feb. 2010
    Antall takk

Standard

Nice upgrades!

9. Takk Tomcat takket for denne posten
    Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Thought I'd better update the to do list, dont expect to see much progress as most of these jobs need money...soon though.

Electric windows dont work .................................................. .................................................. .. Fixed.
    Rear wiper doesnt work .................................................. .................................................. ...... Fixed...(No Wash yet though)
    Slight pull to the right .................................................. .................................................. ......... Fixed...(Tyre pressures sorted...Duh)
    Steering wheel needs replacing......................................... .................................................. ........Fixed.. (Bought and replaced)
    blocked cat .................................................. .................................................. .......................Fixed... (De catted for the time being)
    Wheels BADLY need refurbing......................................... .................................................. .................. One down...4 more to go
    Front and rear bumpers need re spraying, along with two splits to repair in the front bumper...................Fixed
    Both rear quarters need respraying
    Boot outer grab handle needs re spraying.......................................... ..........................................Fixed
    Bonnet needs repainting to rectify stone chips
    small patch of bubbled paint to re paint on front edge of rear wheel arch
    Various bits of trim broken that need replacing/repairing.
    Tailgate trim needs 'Fix' kit............................................... .................................................. ...... Fixed
    Central locking on front doors intermitant
    Front mudguard missing........................................... .................................................. ............. Fixed (Replaced)
    Recirc needs re fitting
    Boost guage needs moving(keeps wobbling and it's really annoying)......................................... ..........Fixed(Removed)
    Headlights look very flat inside, will need replacing sooner or later.
    Possible warped discs.
    Handbrakes a little high.
    Door straps are broken on both front doors.
    Various small dents all over.
    3 Disc cd changer not accepting cartridge
    Indicators mounting clips broken............................................ .................................................. ...(Temporarily repaired, new set needs sourcing)
    Cd Changer lid hinges in pieces............................................ .................................................. .....Fixed (Repaired)
    OS Mirror inner trim cover needs new mountings
    Tailgate interior handle needs replacing.
    Needs new tyres............................................. .................................................. ......................Two replaced.

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Well a small job has turned into several larger jobs. I decided today to clean up the leather again, that took all of half an hour. While cleaning that I got really annoyed at the gearstick lock that's been fitted to the car at some point and decided that as I dont use it that had to go. To work out how it was bolted on I had to remove the rear part of the centre console, this was already in quite a state so I was pleased to be removing it so I could fix it up. Upon getting it out I realised that the bolts holding it in place must be in the tunnel...where the exhaust is (behind the bloody shielding), so sod that, I'll break the grinder out and chop it off. To facilitate that I removed the passenger seat, and the passenger carpet...to discover......a wet floor......FEK..... So now I have to repair the centre console, remove the stupid gearlock I wanted to remove in the first place and also I now have to replace the hea
    ter matrix (thankfully I think I have a spare in the shed)....I did think the windscreen was misting up a little the other night when I put it on hot....

Keep your fingers crossed for me....I'm going in...

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Thankfully today's liitle trip into the land of "Fek it's borked" didn't cost me anything, I had antifreeze already in, I had a spare heater matrix and I had a spare day, all done...suprisingly no drama. The matrix took about an hour to replace at it came out very,very easily. I've also managed to remove the gearstick lock, wasnt too bad but the nuts used inside the car where some sort of wierd sort that had a revolving outer rim that made them impossible to remove - unless of course you have a grinder, this made very short work of them. The centre console has been repaired where I could but really it needs replacing, it's really rather tatty and also now has a nice 4 inch long slit down the passenger side where the gearstick lock used to live.

To be honest guys so far it doesnt owe me that much, granted some of the repairs have come via generous parts donations off forum members but on the whole it wasn't too bad mechanicaly to start off with. The brakes are ok (just ok), they're not brilliant but they work fine at normal road speeds, being as I dont plan on driving like a lunatic any time soon they'll be ok until I replace them next month. Did check today while it was jacked up and the fuel filter needs replacing too, it looks original...so very,very,rusty.

As far as it turning into a money pit.... I kinda knew what I was getting into and at the time it was all I could afford, if I had more money at the time then I too would have bought something different, probably another T5-R if I'm honest. I do like this car it's just that it's a long term project, which kinda suits me as I've always got something to do on it if I get bored.

Speaking of which, after all that drama I thought "Sod it" and whipped the cone filter off for a clean, it's been looking very grubby since I got the car but I hadnt gotten around to cleaning it. I gave it a good shot of K&N airfilter cleaner and left it to soak in for ten minutes, after which I rinsed it out (from the inside obviously), I was rather shocked by the crap that came out of it..

Here it is before cleaning:

Ewwww..Very,very dirty water...

So much so I gave it another squirt with the cleaner and left it again, after another ten minutes and anther rinse..

Second rinse through...

It's now soaking for a third and final time, then I'll rinse it and let it dry over night before re oiling in the morning.... I dread re oiling because I know if I put too much on it just means death for the
    MAF

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Well it's dry now (surprisingly) so it's been re oiled, here is the result...

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Electric windows dont work ................................................ ................................................. .. Fixed.
    Rear wiper doesnt work ................................................. ................................................. ...... Fixed...(Hoping to fit the new washer pump soon)
    Slight pull to the right .................................................. ................................................. ......... Fixed...(Tyre pressures sorted...Duh)
    Steering wheel needs replacing......................................... ............................................... ........Fixed.. (Bought and replaced)
    blocked cat .................................................. .................................................. ........................Fixed... (De catted for the time being)
    Wheels BADLY need refurbing......................................... .................................................. .........One down...4 more to go
    Front and rear bumpers need re spraying, along with two splits to repair in the front bumper........Fixed
    Both rear quarters need respraying........................................ .................................................. ...
    Boot outer grab handle needs re spraying.......................................... ........................................Fixed
    Bonnet needs repainting to rectify stone chips............................................. ................................
    small patch of bubbled paint to re paint on front edge of rear wheel arch......................................
    Various bits of trim broken that need replacing/repairing......................................... .....................
    Tailgate trim needs 'Fix' kit............................................... .................................................. ......Fixed
    Central locking on front doors intermitant....................................... ............................................
    Front mudguard missing........................................... .................................................. ..............Fixed (Replaced)
    Recirc needs re fitting........................................... .................................................. ....................Meh..(I kinda like the noise now)
    Boost guage needs moving(keeps wobbling and it's really annoying)......................................... ...Fixed(Removed)
    Headlights look very flat inside, will need replacing sooner or later............................................. ...
    Possible warped discs............................................. .................................................. ..................
    Handbrakes a little high.............................................. .................................................. ..............
    Door strap broken on drivers front door.............................................. .......................................
    Various small dents all over.............................................. .................................................. ........
    3 Disc cd changer not accepting cartridge......................................... ..........................................
    Indicators mounting clips broken............................................ .................................................. .(Temporarily repaired, new set needs sourcing)
    Cd Changer lid hinges in pieces............................................ .................................................. ....Fixed (Repaired)
    OS Mirror inner trim cover needs new mountings......................................... ...............................Fixed..Needs New interior trim
    Tailgate interior handle needs replacing......................................... ..............................................
    Needs new tyres............................................. .................................................. ......................Two replaced.
    Stupid annoying gear lever lock.............................................. .................................................. ..Removed.
    Heater matrix leaking (didn't know)............................................. ...............................................Rep laced.
    Centre console tatty and broken............................................ .................................................. ..
    Fuel filter needs replacing (never been done looking at it)............................................... .............
    Cam belt needs replacing (As I'm not exactly sure when it was last done)....................................

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Finally got around to finishing the front splitter I started making for my own car!, this is the first one I've ever made for myself.. Basically I'm lazy and if it wasn't something that was making me money then it didnt get done,lol.. This time however I want to get the front of the car looking good so as I already have the stuff in I may as well make one. Also making myself a pair of headlight eyebrows, think they really suit the V70, normally I would just buy a pair but I have no spare money at the minute so as I have the materials I may as well just make some,lol.. Here's hoping the turn out ok.

Pics to follow...

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Had quite a busy day today, I decided to get a couple of jobs out of the way and things sort of snowballed. I started off removing the windscreen wiper arms to repaint them, they'd gotten quite badly stone chipped (how the hell does that happen anyway?), while they where off I noticed that for some strange reason one of the wipers was a lot smaller than it should be, this has now been replaced with a handy spare one I had lying around. I then decided to finally fit the replacement rear window washer pump I've had lying around for months, this went a lot smoother than I though it would and I now have a working rear wash wipe. I've removed the stickers for the gearstick lock as I hate having pointless stickers in the windows (also the windows are getting tinted at some point anyway). After all this I decided that the engine bay was looking very sorry for itself..

Before:

As you can see the engine has lots of that orrible engine laquer on it (curse the guy/woman that invented that crap), took ages to scrape it all off, I then gave the head a bit of a clean up along with the fuel rail and a few other bits and pieces and I then decided to paint the cam cover and the inlet manifold.

After:

Not the best job I've ever done but certainly an improvement on what it was, to do much more I'm going to have to strip things down and I really wasnt in the mood for that today.

Once all this was complete I decided I would finally fit one of my own splitters to the front of the car, this is actualy the first one I've ever put on any of my cars, not out of not wanting to, purely because I'm a lazy bugger and couldn't be bothered making one before,lol.. I have a feeling that after repairing the bumper it's now a slightly different shape as it was a pig to fit and I'm not overly happy with how far back the front edge is, given more time I'd have hacked it up and remade it fit better.

Finished it all off with a wash, now knackered and going in search of alcohol.

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Added another new piece the other day, nothing amazing, just an egg crate grill that I managed to pick up reasonably cheap off Ebay, undecided on painting it or not yet. Appologies for the poor photo, it was getting a little dark when I took it.

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Spark plug cover's all done, just need to wait for the lacquer to dry now so I can colour sand it, polish it and stick it back on. Pic was taken before lacquer.

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Look what arrived this morning....

They're not getting fitted yet though as one has a big stone chip in the lens and they're getting repainted black...so I'll need to buy some indicators too.

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Well being as I've finally found a little bit of time where I wont need the car for a couple of days I've decided to repaint the wheels, sadly it's not going to be a full on strip down refurb as I dont have time for that, just going to clean up and repaint the outer faces. Before I started on them they where badly kerbed, chipped, the top coat of powder coating was peeling off in large chunks due to it not bonding properly and they just looked a site. Spent most of yesterday cleaning up the two nearside wheels and then painting them. Got them back on the car today and now I'm on with the two offside wheels, they're currently in primer but I hope to get them done by the end of today. Here's a couple of photos of yesterdays wheels.

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

The other two are nearly done, just drying. Hopefully I can get them dry enough to put back on so I can go the bloody shop,lol..

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

A care package arrive the other day from PartForVolvo's, going to be the weekend now before I get chance to do anything with it but it's here anyway. Just need to sort the order out for the brakes now...

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Rest of the stuff has arrived today, hoping to get the headlights painted and converted tomorrow. I have a couple of HID kits that came with the car but I dont know if either of them works, if not then I'll just get some decent normal bulbs for now. (To date I've still not fitted the HID's or decent bulbs... Gawd I'm slacking..)

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Busy afternoon today, my injectors came from Martin so I decided to fit them and also the new fuel filter from PartsForVolvo's, I also decided to paint the bezel on the one headlight I had stripped so I'd be ready by the time I eventually had all the bloody parts,lol..

In the middle of swapping injectors over, I also cleaned up the fuel rail as it was bloody manky before and I hate putting things back dirty when it only takes a few minutes to clean them up.

Old and New... Fairly certain that this things not been changed for a good long time...

Headlight bezels...

Before..

Got new lenses and seals and also LED side lights (eventually) still to add.

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Electric windows dont work ................................................ ................................................. .. Fixed.
    Rear wiper doesnt work ................................................. ................................................. ...... Fixed
    Slight pull to the right .................................................. ................................................. ......... Fixed...(Tyre pressures sorted...Duh)
    Steering wheel needs replacing......................................... ............................................... ........Fixed.. (Bought and replaced)
    blocked cat .................................................. .................................................. ........................Fixed... (De catted for the time being)
    Wheels BADLY need refurbing......................................... .................................................. ........Fixed..All four painted and now with new centres
    Front and rear bumpers need re spraying, along with two splits to repair in the front bumper........Fixed
    Both rear quarters need respraying........................................ .................................................. ...
    Boot outer grab handle needs re spraying.......................................... ........................................Fixed
    Bonnet needs repainting to rectify stone chips............................................. ................................
    small patch of bubbled paint to re paint on front edge of rear wheel arch......................................
    Various bits of trim broken that need replacing/repairing......................................... ....................Most fixed still a few to hunt down.
    Tailgate trim needs 'Fix' kit............................................... .................................................. ......Fixed
    Central locking on front doors intermitant....................................... ............................................
    Front mudguard missing........................................... .................................................. ..............Fixed (Replaced)
    Recirc needs re fitting........................................... .................................................. ...................Meh..(I kinda like the noise now)
    Boost guage needs moving(keeps wobbling and it's really annoying)......................................... ...Fixed(Removed)
    Headlights look very flat inside, will need replacing sooner or later............................................. ...Very nearly,almost fixed
    Possible warped discs............................................. .................................................. .................Seems to have settled down a bit now.
    Handbrakes a little high.............................................. .................................................. ..............New handbrake parts on order.
    Door strap broken on drivers front door.............................................. ........................................Drivers door needs replacing at some point.
    Various small dents all over.............................................. .................................................. ........
    3 Disc cd changer not accepting cartridge......................................... ..........................................
    Indicators mounting clips broken............................................ .................................................. .New ones bought, just awaiting fitting.
    Cd Changer lid hinges in pieces............................................ .................................................. ....Fixed (Repaired)
    OS Mirror inner trim cover needs new mountings......................................... ...............................Fixed..Needs New interior trim
    Tailgate interior handle needs replacing......................................... ..............................................
    Needs new tyres............................................. .................................................. .......................Two replaced.
    Stupid annoying gear lever lock.............................................. .................................................. ..Removed.
    Heater matrix leaking (didn't know)............................................. ...............................................Rep laced.
    Centre console tatty and broken............................................ .................................................. ..
    Fuel filter needs replacing (never been done looking at it)............................................... .............Replaced
    Cam belt needs replacing (As I'm not exactly sure when it was last done)....................................
    Turbo possible needs new seals(The odd puff of smoke when pulling away).................................

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Ok, so the day has finally come.....Headlight day!!!!... Yes the long awaited second set of LED's came this morning. After repainting the other headlight, then fitting the LED's and wiring them in, refitting the plastic lenses, fitting new seals, new glass etc they where ready for fitting...

Before:

After:

With LED's (side lights on)...

Had a few minor hiccups, namely that the inserts for the screws on the passenger headlight started to come out when I tighten up the bolts, that the headlight bulb on the same headlight was popped and I hand't noticed and that when I first switched them on the LED's were not working. Thankfully most of that was simple to fix, the LED's I'd just wired in the wrong way around (the wiring on the LED'd is crap to say the least), after reversing both sides they both work perfectly. Now looking forward to having better lights at night.. Just hope I dont blind anyone as I've not had the chance to check the alignment yet as it's still light out. Better bulbs will get fitted at some point, at the moment I'm just glad to have headlights that look and function better than the old ones.

Oh and as a side note.. I wasn't overly impressed with the way the indicator units fitted, they refused to line up with the mounting holes (even with the headlights left loose for wiggle room)..

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Finally got time today to check the compression on the engine. I checked it cold and hot and there's very little difference, book says it should be between 11-13bar mine where all around 12, very little in them all maybe.2 of a bar something like that, but that could be just down to not cranking for the same amount of time on each one. Soooo it's gotta be either stem seals or the turbo. As I now have a rebuild kit for the turbo that's my next move, I'm off around the 21st for a week so that'll be when I attempt it.

Side 2 av 5 FørstFørst 1 2 3 4 ... SisteSiste

Lignende tråder

1. GMV's V70R -04
    By GMV in forum S60 / V70N / S80 / XC -serien
    Svar: 1208
    Siste post: 09/07/20, 15:32
  2. Tomcat - Volvo 960
    By Tomcat in forum English speaking forum
    Svar: 68
    Siste post: 20/12/13, 20:35
  3. V70r øk
    By kungen89 in forum Biler selges / kjøpes