Side 3 av 3 FørstFørst 1 2 3
Viser resultater 51 til 69 av 69

Tråd: Tomcat - Volvo 960

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Thanks for the info, the only reason I'm even considering the HID's is because these are projector headlights so they're pretty much built for them anyway, they have clear lenses rather than the standard fluted ones. I'll try and post a pic up of the headlights when I get 5 minutes, no chance during the commute home as traffic is silly, I'd need to go somewhere quite so you can actualy see how far they shine rather than just bouncing off the car in front of me,lol. Oh and a big thanks for the compliments, it's been a hard road to get it where it is now, it was a shed when I bought it earlier this year.

mrstfu sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    13. feb. 2010
    Sted
    Rotnes, Norway
    VCCN medlemsnummer
    Antall takk

Standard

Sitat Opprinnelig postet av Tomcat Vis post
    Thanks for the info, the only reason I'm even considering the HID's is because these are projector headlights so they're pretty much built for them anyway, they have clear lenses rather than the standard fluted ones. I'll try and post a pic up of the headlights when I get 5 minutes, no chance during the commute home as traffic is silly, I'd need to go somewhere quite so you can actualy see how far they shine rather than just bouncing off the car in front of me,lol. Oh and a big thanks for the compliments, it's been a hard road to get it where it is now, it was a shed when I bought it earlier this year.
    Shit, ofcourse they are projectors! I was too focused on the jewels

The car looks damn good, man. Love the Comets and the lip. You say you cast them yourself? I assume you've had one of the originals to construct the mould, hard work? Not really a carbon fibre-hoe, but they look soooo damn good on the R-bumpers

Btw: Change the name of the thread, or make a new one in the 850/x70 worklog section. This looks too good to just dissapear.
    Raymond Lysaker
    Volvo Car Club Norway - VCCN.NO
    Styremedlem

---
    2016 D-max AT35 / 2019 Yamaha MT07

Dunfrid - '07 V70 D5 AWD #becauseracediesel - SOLGT -

Vera - '99 V70 2.5T AWD - solgt
    FunkyMonkey.no
    VCCN på Instagram <-- trykke

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Thanks bud, yeah I need to start a new build thread as I have a shed load of pics and the like from the various other forums I have it posted on, I'll get on with a new thread tomorrow. The mould was simple to make, I've made loads of other fibreglass stuff, lots of one off bumpers and the like over the years for various people.

mrstfu sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    13. feb. 2010
    Sted
    Rotnes, Norway
    VCCN medlemsnummer
    Antall takk

Standard

How much would you charge to make and ship one of those to Norway? They look damn good, and I can guarantee you could sell a few.
    Raymond Lysaker
    Styremedlem

---

FunkyMonkey.no

5. Takk Tomcat takket for denne posten
    Registrerte brukere Anders Dybvadsskog sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    19. des. 2009
    Sted
    Verdal`n
    Antall takk

Standard

I would want one
    740 prosjekt: http://forum.vccn.no/showthread.php?t=392

Ny eier av Dunfrid<3

7. Takk Tomcat takket for denne posten
    mrstfu sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    13. feb. 2010
    Sted
    Rotnes, Norway
    VCCN medlemsnummer
    Antall takk

Standard

My point excactly. Admittedly, fibreglass doesn't have the same toughness as CF, so it will shatter more easily if brutally confronted with snowy roads and such, but those with the CF splitters are as careful with their lip as anyone else, given the price. As with most other things, being careful usually solves your problem.

How does it attach? Pop rivets and washers?
    Raymond Lysaker
    Styremedlem

---

FunkyMonkey.no

9. Takk Tomcat takket for denne posten
    Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

TBH I think I did a group buy a loong time ago but I'm not sure it was this forum. If enough are buying them then I'll charge £80 each, less if there is enough interest. I cant remember how much shipping was when I did it last time (it's been a few years since) Idealy the best thing is for me to put them all in a crate, send them to one members house and then they can arrange to send them out to all the various members. I've sold loads of these and tbh they're probably just as strong as the carbon ones because they're a lot thicker than them, I dont skimp on the materials. One member on another forum told me how his fell off while he was driving down a dual carriage way, he drove over it, went back for it ten minutes later and it was still in one piece. The best method of attaching these is with bolts and large washers to spread the load (though I dont supply these, they're only cheap to purchase).

Let me know, I make them for the ph1 V70R's and the 850R's

Oh I've also made other stuff in the past such as 960R front bumpers (as you can see from my 960 pics), one of V70R bumpers, 850 rear bumpers... you name it really...
    Sist endret av Tomcat; 14/11/13 kl 20:03

11. Takk Anders Dybvadsskog, mrstfu takket for denne posten
    Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Is there any interest in organising a group buy or is it just a few of you who want them?

mrstfu sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    13. feb. 2010
    Sted
    Rotnes, Norway
    VCCN medlemsnummer
    Antall takk

Standard

Is there any interest in organising a group buy or is it just a few of you who want them?
    Haven't really gotten around to asking people yet. For my part, definitely, but not yet. Gotta get me an R bumper first, and I don't really have the space to store any more shit, no offence. That's a remark on how much shit I've already got stored, including more or less an entire 850 in parts, on top of an assembled 850. I'm postponing the bumperswitch until nest spring, when the snow has gone, I want a few months with a freshly painted car part before the snow and salt sets in.

But I tell you what, you can read this forum in english, right? Meaning you can view the buttons and user interface in english? If so, head over here: http://forum.vccn.no/forumdisplay.ph...850-x70-serien , post a salesthread explaining what you sell and how you prefer it shipped. It'll open up for a few more interested people, I think alot of 850/x70 guys might have overseen this thread, seeing as it is a 960 in the title, and they might feel a bit discouraged by the title beeing in english

I for one am interested, and if someone organized a group buy, where we split the S&H, count me down for one. And don't worry; even though most norwegians don't write or speak perfect english, we read it pretty well

Do you have any more pictures of the lips as they would arrive if we bought them? I'm sure most people are gonna wanna know how much labour it entails, as opposed to the CF lips, most people tend to wanna keep the fibres visible. Not a big CFfan myself, so I dont mind it beeing all black.
    Raymond Lysaker
    Styremedlem

---

FunkyMonkey.no

14. Takk Tomcat takket for denne posten
    Registrerte brukere Anders Dybvadsskog sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    19. des. 2009
    Sted
    Verdal`n
    Antall takk

Standard

I agree with mrstfu. If you open a tread at the link mrstfu gave you with allot of pictures, i think it will sell well. I really want one
    740 prosjekt: http://forum.vccn.no/showthread.php?t=392

Ny eier av Dunfrid<3

16. Takk Tomcat takket for denne posten
    Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Thanks guys, I've added a thread in the area you suggested, hope it's ok with the Mods, I dont want to go offending anyone.

mrstfu sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    13. feb. 2010
    Sted
    Rotnes, Norway
    VCCN medlemsnummer
    Antall takk

Standard

Thanks guys, I've added a thread in the area you suggested, hope it's ok with the Mods, I dont want to go offending anyone.
    Nah, its for sales between users, private people and such. No worries, as long as you hold up your end of any deals
    Raymond Lysaker
    Styremedlem

---

FunkyMonkey.no

19. Takk Tomcat takket for denne posten
    Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

I've been making these for around 5 years now and done 2 other group buys before this one, (one to the U.S. and another to a forum here in Europe). I've always completed any orders I've taken.

21. Takk mrstfu takket for denne posten
    Registrerte brukere TheStig sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    21. april 2012
    Sted
    Meråker
    Antall takk

Standard

I just stumbled onto this thread, and man I gotta say you are quite handy with the fibreglass. And not too bad with the airbrush either by the looks of it.
    I have airbrushing as one of my hobbies myself, just brushed a hood for myself and a hood plus both sides on a friends car so far but hope to do some more work with the airbrush when I get me a suitable garage to work in. I have also been very keen on learning the art of creating bumpers and spoilers of fibreglass, but never gotten around to try that just yet. But your work is surely impressive and a good source of inspiration for anyone out there who would like to try. Including me.

It was really sad what happened to your 960, she was a beauty with that custom made front bumper. And I am sure the planned custom made rear bumper and sideskirts would have made her a rare pearl. But your new ride is not that far behind, and I am sure you will create a show car out of it in no time if you get your funds together.

I will check back into the english part of this forum from time to time to follow any updates, I want to see this project as it develop.
    V70 2,0T 2000 mod.

mrstfu sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    13. feb. 2010
    Sted
    Rotnes, Norway
    VCCN medlemsnummer
    Antall takk

Standard

Sitat Opprinnelig postet av TheStig Vis post
    I just stumbled onto this thread, and man I gotta say you are quite handy with the fibreglass. And not too bad with the airbrush either by the looks of it.
    I have airbrushing as one of my hobbies myself, just brushed a hood for myself and a hood plus both sides on a friends car so far but hope to do some more work with the airbrush when I get me a suitable garage to work in. I have also been very keen on learning the art of creating bumpers and spoilers of fibreglass, but never gotten around to try that just yet. But your work is surely impressive and a good source of inspiration for anyone out there who would like to try. Including me.

It was really sad what happened to your 960, she was a beauty with that custom made front bumper. And I am sure the planned custom made rear bumper and sideskirts would have made her a rare pearl. But your new ride is not that far behind, and I am sure you will create a show car out of it in no time if you get your funds together.

I will check back into the english part of this forum from time to time to follow any updates, I want to see this project as it develop.
    He created a new thread for the V70 in the right subforum, man. Check it out, plenty of satisfaction for us picture-o-filiacs.
    Raymond Lysaker
    Styremedlem

---

FunkyMonkey.no

24. Takk TheStig takket for denne posten
    Medlem siden
    21. april 2012
    Sted
    Meråker
    Antall takk

Standard

Ah, rgr that mrstfu. How could I've missed that?!
    V70 2,0T 2000 mod.

mrstfu sin avatar
    Medlem siden
    13. feb. 2010
    Sted
    Rotnes, Norway
    VCCN medlemsnummer
    Antall takk

Standard

Well, perhaps you are too old to stay up at one o'clock in the morning?
    Raymond Lysaker
    Styremedlem

---

FunkyMonkey.no

Medlem siden
    21. april 2012
    Sted
    Meråker
    Antall takk

Standard

Haha
    Might be.. It's hard to be a nissemann..

Sent from my ☆GT-I9100☆ using Tapatalk
    V70 2,0T 2000 mod.

Registrerte brukere
    Medlem siden
    16. jan. 2011
    Antall takk

Standard

Sitat Opprinnelig postet av TheStig Vis post

Many thanks!!.. Sorry for not replying sooner, I didn't notice there where new replies to this thread. I've been airbrushing for years and the fibreglassing only came about as I wanted something for my car that I couldnt afford, so I decided to try and make one for myself lol. There'll be more updates on the V70 thread as this thread is basically dead now (unless I get my hands on another 960)

29. Takk TheStig, mrstfu takket for denne posten
Side 3 av 3 FørstFørst 1 2 3

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •