PDA

Vis full versjon : 960/S90 lowering

Tomcat
18/01/15, 21:03
Been chatting with a guy on Facebook today who's lowered his 960, he says he's lowered it by cutting the leafspring under the diff and then fitting stiffer shocks... Anyone know about this technique and care to enlighten me?

ss242
18/01/15, 22:25
If you have nivomatic, you can try to replace them with ordinary shocks. I would not recommend cutting the spring under the diff, but shortening them a bit on the ends would be ok (1cm=1cm lower).

Tomcat
18/01/15, 22:44
If you have nivomatic, you can try to replace them with ordinary shocks. I would not recommend cutting the spring under the diff, but shortening them a bit on the ends would be ok (1cm=1cm lower).

I know, that's what I thought. He even showed me a diagram showing where to cut it.. I'm hoping to get a Nivomat leaf and swap it out, then run normal shocks

turb00le
19/01/15, 07:46
As ss242 says, cutting under the diff only is not something I would recommend either. In my opinion you would create a weak point in which all the movement is absorbed and probably it will cause the leaf to crack in that area.

I have ran a chopped non nivo spring before and it worked well. It is also the easiest way since you only have to drop the lower arms to chop more, to remove the entire spring you will need to dismantle the bottom half of the frame which is alot of work compared to removing the lower arms.

The oem lowering spring is from what I could see a ordinary nivo spring which they have removed typ 1cm from all the way. It does not fit the stock mounts.

My plan is to use the oem lowering spring in combination with bilsteins and custom coilover springs to make it adjustable. Just have not had the time to remove the nivos and weighing the rearend yet.

Tomcat
19/01/15, 20:25
I've run a nivo leaf before with standard shocks, that worked quite well and lowered the back end quite a bit. Just struggling to get hold of one at the moment.

ss242
19/01/15, 20:31
Easy to find here, but shipping costs are ridiculous in this country. Would be better for you to try in Sweden, you already have an TPC account I'd guess.