PDA

Vis full versjon : Fitting interior from an S60 R into a ph1 V70

Tomcat
27/05/14, 19:36
Anyone got any experience in adapting the interior from a later car (S60 R) into an earlier estate (V70R)?.. I've been offered an set of seats out of an S60R, I'm fairly sure the front seats should fit but I'm wondering if I could use the covers off the rear seats to recover the V70R rear seats?

kimove
27/05/14, 21:03
Anyone got any experience in adapting the interior from a later car (S60 R) into an earlier estate (V70R)?.. I've been offered an set of seats out of an S60R, I'm fairly sure the front seats should fit but I'm wondering if I could use the covers off the rear seats to recover the V70R rear seats?

As i remember Kilroy here on this forum did this conversion to his ph1 v70 :p But there has been no activity in his thread for quite some time :(

Anders Dybvadsskog
27/05/14, 21:06
http://forum.vccn.no/showthread.php?281-Kilroy-v70R&highlight=Kilroy

Look at the last 10 pages maybee here

Daniel V
28/05/14, 00:13
I know he took the dash from a s60R and instrumentpanel, but its not looking good. The dashboard in S60/V70R is allot wider than the firstgen V70. Kilroy tried to modify it. It looks good in his thread, but irl it looks horrible. :p I dont know about the seats. :)

Tomcat
28/05/14, 19:26
I know he took the dash from a s60R and instrumentpanel, but its not looking good. The dashboard in S60/V70R is allot wider than the firstgen V70. Kilroy tried to modify it. It looks good in his thread, but irl it looks horrible. :p I dont know about the seats. :)

Yeah I've seen the dash and as you say it probably looks ok from a distance but I doubt it'll look good up close, that and it sticks out into the doorway quite a bit.

mrstfu
22/09/14, 13:43
I was told about a trick an old friend of my uncles used to do... heat up each end of the dash, have two guys in the backseat kicking the damn thing into place, and let it cool down. Like a glove:D